Fit For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fit For Life

This forum is made for ALL Fit For Life Members.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Pack De 1700 Photos De Jeunes Femmes Sexy(amateurs Celebs)!!!
Challenges EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 4:57 pm by martamec

» When.A.Stranger.Calls[2006]DvDrip.AC3[Eng]-aXXo.avi
Challenges EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 8:33 pm by martamec

» Driver Asus A43e For Xp Rapidshare
Challenges EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 8:58 pm by 

» Dave Grusin Collection [LOSSLESS] (1964-2010)
Challenges EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:36 pm by 

Challenges EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:35 pm by 

Challenges EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:35 pm by 

» {JUNIOR ALMEIDA A TOA}
Challenges EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:19 pm by 

» Resting is important!
Challenges EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:55 pm by jezzi05

» Killer Salads!
Challenges EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:09 am by jezzi05

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Fit For Life on your social bookmarking website

Challenges

Go down 
AuthorMessage
loombeav

loombeav

Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Challenges   Challenges EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Weekly Challenge 8/01/11
Do 45 minutes of Zumba in total. Tip: There are many videos on youtube. You can also download from torrents. Its Actually awesome! Try it Smile
End date: 7th August

Weekly Challenge 8/8/11
Please dont hate me for this! I know its going to be a hard!
Exercise part of the MC- Distance goal- 2.5 kms per day! (about 1.5miles). walk it, jog it, run it anything! No slacking, no crawling, no dawdling. Be brisk and take a STEP UP! If you feel comfortable at 5mph, push yourself to do 6 mph for a while. Try to go one mile per hour higher than your body is used to!
end date: 14th August.
Diet Part of the MC- Brace yourself. NO CHOCOLATE! not a bite, not even a whisk Smile all week!
End date: 14th August.
Remember, only if you complete BOTH parts will you have successfully completed the MC!
I still love you all and im hoping you dont want to punch me right now Razz xxx

So this is a MINI MINICHALLENGE and shall last only a day. Its just meant to spice up your day a bit and make you do something out of the box. Smile

Mid-Week Challenge 8/11/11
SO HERE GOES-
Do 20 Surya Namaskar cycles! 15 slow and 5 relatively fast Smile
There's a video you can follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuvfHTaftLQ
Surya means 'SUN' and Namaskar means 'Salutation'. So together, it means salutation to the Sun. Needless to say, its best to be done in the morning on an empty stomach, but can be done at any time of the day.
The best thing about surya namaskar is it strengthens your whole body up. PLUS Youl lose a whopping 14 caloried per cycle. And once you get used to it, each cycle will take you like 30 seconds.
All the best. Im sure everyone can do this! Very Happy
End date: 12th August

30DS Challenge 8/15/11
Start Date: August 15th
End Date: September 13th
Starting Monday Aug 15th - Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred!
Its a 20 minute workout. But you'll FEEL it Very Happy Everyone loses tonnes of weight during the workout. Someone i spoke to lost 17 lbs being not-s0-strict with his diet! Smile
Who is with me? I know this is going to be HARD, MISERABLE and Ultimately GRUELING... But no one ever said it would be easy. DEFINITELY not Jillian Michaels herself! LOL
So lets suck it up and do this thing! Remember "YOU EARN YOUR BODY".... So what Body will YOU be earning this month?
Leave a comment here to let me know if you are joining 30DS with (at least) me! Smile

Weekly Challenge 8/15/11
Exercise: Yoga
30 mins per day.
Any type: Stress releaving, fat burning, power yoga, or just plain stretching.
Don't know what to do? Here are some videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEFo5_eg7Ag
Here is Part One of a 4 part video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf1MtRZx_J4
OR
start level 1 of 30 DAY SHRED. (do atleast 6 days Smile
It may look hard but try your best and see how you feel.
Don't give up! Just do what you can and follow the breathing!
Watch how in 5 days you've improved
Diet: 5 Fruits and/or Veggies a day!
Can be in juice form.
Smoothies should be ALL fruit and NO fillers such as milk, yogurt, etc.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

Weekly Challenge 8/22
This New week is going to be awesome! Our main aim is to push harder and harder for an amazing body! This MC is only going to be that aid to being so much fitter! Smile All of it may look a bit daunting while you read, but its not half as scary while youre actually doing it.
ALL the best Very Happy xxx
DIET CHALLENGE
Try to reduce your Carb intake by 10%. Take what you're current carb is at divide by 10, and then subtract that from the site Smile How's that sound. I know a little complicated but everyone is different. That's decreasing carbs by 10%
EXERCISE CHALLENGE
To do all the exercises it should take no more than 10-15 minutes a day. Some you'll hold for 30 seconds and others maybe 12 reps and repeat twice. So this should be perfect to to interfere with everyone's daily schedule. Including those of us that are doing 30DS Wink
Working your core muscles
Stability exercises work the abdominal muscles that are most visible – including the ones that make up your six-pack.
Rotational exercises target all your abdominals, with an emphasis on your obliques.
Hip flexion exercises target your hip flexors, external obliques and lower abdominal muscles.
Plank:
(Stability Exercise)
Start to get into a push up position, but bend your elbows and rest your weight on your forearms instead of your hands.
Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles.
Brace your core by contracting your abs (as if you were about to be punched in the stomach).
Hold this position for 30 seconds while breathing deeply.
(If you can’t hold the plank for 30 seconds, hold for 5 – 10 seconds, rest for 5 seconds, and repeat as many times as needed to total 30 seconds. Each time you perform the exercise, try to hold each repetition a little longer so that you reach your 30 second goal with fewer repetitions.)
Side Plank:
(Stability Exercise)
Lie on your left side with your knees straight. Stack your feet on top of one another.
Prop your upper body up on your left elbow and forearm.
Brace your core.
Raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders.
Breathe deeply for the duration of the exercise.
Hold this position for 30 seconds.
Turn around so that you’re lying on your right side and repeat.
Mountain Climber:
(Stability Exercise)
Assume the push up position with your arms completely straight.
Lift your right foot off the floor and slowly raise your knee as close to your chest as you can.
Touch the floor with your right foot.
Return to the starting position.
Repeat with your left leg. Alternate back and forth for 30 seconds.
Russian Twist:
(Obliques)
Sit on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat.
Hold your arms out in front of your chest with your palms together.
Lean back so your torso is at a 45 degree angle to the floor.
Brace your core and rotate to the right as far as you can.
Pause, then reverse your movement and twist ll the way backto the left as far as you can.
Weighted Russian Twist:
As you get better at this you can introduce a dumbbell or medicine ball. With both hands, hold the ends of a dumbbell or a medicine ball as you perform the Russian Twist.
Elevated Feet Russian Twist:
To really work your core you can raise your feet a few inches of the floor and hold them there as you perform the Russian Twist.
Reverse Crunch:
(Lower Abs)
Lie face up on the floor with your palms facing down.
Bend your hips and knees 90 degrees.
Raise your hips off the floor and crunch them inward.
Pause, and then slowly lower your legs until your heels nearly touch the floor.
For a stronger workout, bend your knees so your heels are close to your bottom. The closer you can keep your heels to your bottom the harder the crunch.

Mid-Week Challenge 8/24/11
Let's increase our water intake today by 16oz. That's 2 extra glasses or an extra bottle of water over what you're already drinking.
Top 11 Health Benefits of Drinking Water
Lose weight: Drinking water helps you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water reduces hunger, it’s an effective appetite suppressant so you’ll eat less. Plus, water has zero calories.
Natural Remedy for Headache: Helps to relieve headache and back pains due to dehydration. Although many reasons contribute to headache, dehydration is the common one.
Look Younger with Healthier Skin: You’ll look younger when your skin is properly hydrated. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increases skin elasticity.
Better Productivity at Work: Your brain is mostly made up of water, thus drinking water helps you think better, be more alert and more concentrated.
Better Exercise: Drinking water regulates your body temperature. That means you’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises. Water also helps to fuel your muscle.
Helps in Digestion and Constipation: Drinking water raises your metabolism because it helps in digestion. Fiber and water goes hand in hand so that you can have your daily bowel movement.
Less Cramps and Sprains: Proper hydration helps keep your joints and muscles lubricated, so you’ll less likely get cramps and sprains.
Less Likely to Get Sick and Feel Healthy: Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu and other ailments like kidney stones and heart attack. Water adds with lemon is used for ailments like respiratory disease, intestinal problems, rheumatism and arthritis etc. In another words one of the benefits of drinking water is that it can improve your immune system.
Relieves Fatigue: Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body. If your body lacks water, your heart, for instance, needs to work harder to pump out the oxygenated blood to all cells, so are the rest of the vital organs, your organs will be exhausted and so will you.
Good Mood: Your body feels very good and that’s why you feel happy.
Reduce the Risk of Cancer: Related to the digestive system, some studies show that drinking a healthy amount of water may reduce the risks of bladder cancer and colon cancer. Water dilutes the concentration of cancer-causing agents in the urine and shortens the time in which they are in contact with bladder lining.

Weekly Challenge 8/29
In an effort to get all of us moving more, this week's MC exercise portion is burn 750 calories on top of your normal workout for the week. If you work out 6 days this breaks down to an additional 125 calories a day. Look back through your MFP diary and see how many calories you tend to burn in a week. The Calories burned report under the reports tab can be helpful for a broad view. This week challenge yourself to burn more through the work out of your choice. Take an spinning class, go for a 2 or 3 extra runs in the evening, hit the pool. Whatever it takes to get you moving.
Excerpt from WebMD Article "8 Ways to Burn Calories and fight fat" http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/8-ways-to-burn-calories-and-fight-fat
For years, products have been marketed with the promise of helping you burn more calories. But is there really anything you can do to increase the number of calories your body burns each day?
Well, yes and no, experts say. The truth seems to be that the No. 1 way to burn more calories is the old-fashioned way -- by moving more.
"Essentially, we know of no way to burn more calories or up our metabolism than to move more," says Barry M. Popkin, PhD, director of the Interdisciplinary Obesity Program at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Still, research suggests that there may be a few other ways you can increase calorie burn. Here are eight possible ways to burn more calories and fight fat:
Exercise to Burn Calories
Christopher Wharton, PhD, a certified personal trainer and researcher with the Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity at Yale University, put it simply: "The more time spent exercising and the more vigorous the exercise, the more calories will be burned."
Indeed, obesity expert George Bray, MD, with the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, La., believes that taking a brisk walk every day is probably the single most important piece of advice for anyone wanting to burn more calories.
Obviously, when you exercise, your body burns calories to fuel your activity. But exercise is the gift that keeps on giving. That's because even after your workout has ended, your body is still burning more calories.
While it's hard to pinpoint just how long this effect lasts (it varies depending on body composition and level of training), "itâs safe to say metabolic rate can be elevated with aerobic exercise for at least 24 hours," says Wharton.
If you want to prolong this calorie-burning effect, Wharton advises exercising for longer periods.
"Studies have shown that with increases in exercise time, the elevation in resting metabolic rate is prolonged," he says.
For the nutrition portion this week we are focusing on the importance of staying hydrated, so we're going to increase our mid-week challenge to a whole week. Let's increase our water intake a day by 16oz. That's 2 extra glasses or an extra bottle of water over what you're already drinking.
Top 11 Health Benefits of Drinking Water
1) Lose weight: Drinking water helps you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water reduces hunger, it’s an effective appetite suppressant so you’ll eat less. Plus, water has zero calories.
2) Natural Remedy for Headache: Helps to relieve headache and back pains due to dehydration. Although many reasons contribute to headache, dehydration is the common one.
3) Look Younger with Healthier Skin: You’ll look younger when your skin is properly hydrated. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increases skin elasticity.
4) Better Productivity at Work: Your brain is mostly made up of water, thus drinking water helps you think better, be more alert and more concentrated.
5) Better Exercise: Drinking water regulates your body temperature. That means you’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises. Water also helps to fuel your muscle.
6) Helps in Digestion and Constipation: Drinking water raises your metabolism because it helps in digestion. Fiber and water goes hand in hand so that you can have your daily bowel movement.
7) Less Cramps and Sprains: Proper hydration helps keep your joints and muscles lubricated, so you’ll less likely get cramps and sprains.
Cool Less Likely to Get Sick and Feel Healthy: Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu and other ailments like kidney stones and heart attack. Water adds with lemon is used for ailments like respiratory disease, intestinal problems, rheumatism and arthritis etc. In another words one of the benefits of drinking water is that it can improve your immune system.
9) Relieves Fatigue: Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body. If your body lacks water, your heart, for instance, needs to work harder to pump out the oxygenated blood to all cells, so are the rest of the vital organs, your organs will be exhausted and so will you.
10) Good Mood: Your body feels very good and that’s why you feel happy.
11) Reduce the Risk of Cancer: Related to the digestive system, some studies show that drinking a healthy amount of water may reduce the risks of bladder cancer and colon cancer. Water dilutes the concentration of cancer-causing agents in the urine and shortens the time in which they are in contact with bladder lining.

Weekly Challenge 9/5/11
This week we wanted to change it up a little bit. Everyone has been working really hard on their workout's and calories that we (The Admin's) know it can be a bit hard to add in the extra's that we put out as a challenge. Keep up the hard work though!!!
So for this week we want to hear the one thing you want to IMPROVE on... It can be eating habits, workout habits, personal... Whatever you want it to be. We are a secret group so don't worry about who's gonna see it. It's just us FFL members.
Either comment on this or edit the doc to add your IMPROVEMENT. If you comment don't worry we'll get it added to the doc.
Then our mid-week challenge will be to check back on this to make sure we are holding ourselves accountable. We can also do this through the week as well.
Keep up the hard work!! Remember the scale is just numbers, it's how you feel and look that's what counts Smile You're all so wonderful, you work hard, and you're amazing!!!
Diannedra Thompson i want to decrease the time i spend on my scale, i also want to decrease my poor late night eating habits.
Dena Watson I want to stop nibbling when I am stressed, it's a behaviour I'm trying to curb.
Allison Parish Peaslee I want to plan ahead the night before...meal plan, make my lunch, review my exercise for the next day, pick out clothes, locate my water bottle, etc.And I need to kick my diet soda habit. I am starting to try for a baby, so no caffine (ok maybe just less caffinee) and no fake sugar.
Alana Walsh okay, i need to start drinking lots of water, stop snacking - especially on custard creams! i also need to draw up my exercise plan too (something i've been needing to do for a while!)
Jennifer Loomis-Beaver I need to cook more meals at home instead of eating out so much.

Weekly Challenge 9/12/11
In an effort to expand on our healthy lifestyle we have decided on our next weekly challenge.
1. Take one thing food related in your diet/eating habits that you can substitute for something plant based.
Sandwich....substitute a healthy salad Toast....substitute a banana 2. Add in at least one more serving of fruits or vegetable each day
Add a snack, such as an apple, on your ride in to work Munch on some celery and peanut butter after a workout 3. Try one new food this week that you have never had before. Make sure to post it to let us know what you tried and if you liked it!
Endamame Wheat grass http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WellnessNews/story?id=7095647&page=1
Make sure to keep us updated, things you have added in or tried might inspire someone else to do the same!
Our exercise challenge this week will be kind of broad.
Move for an additional 90 minutes this week. You can break this up any way you'd like, either as an additional 30mins 3x, an additional 18mins 5x or even an additional 12.85 mins everyday. Do whatever cardio based activity you enjoy, or at least can push through Smile
Keep up the great work everyone! We are all in this together!

Weekly Challenge 9/20/11
This weeks challege is one of choices! I stumbled upon a website that was a list things to do to improve your health and happiness and thought it would be a great idea for all of us. There are 25 ways to improve your health and happiness, we want each of you to choose 10. please comment below with the ones you choose and we will catch up with you at the end of the week.
The list is as follows:
Replace soda with tea or water.
Commit to eating one raw fruit or serving of vegetables at every meal.
Add just 5 minutes a day to your exercise routine.
Get more sunshine!
Learn some Pilates. Its probably the #1 exercise system for core strength and flexibility
Drink a superfood smoothie every day
Buy more indoor plants. They purify the air in your home.
Take a quality, wild-harvested fish oil supplement that contains vitamin D
Eat more quinoa: It's a high-protein, low carb "grain that can easily replace rice or couscous.
Do 5 sit-ups first thing each morning after you get out of bed.
Instead of trying to find a parking spot so close to the grocery store, work, mall, etc, park farther away so you have to walk more.
Get a good water filter so you can stop drinking tap water or buying bottled water.
Pick up a "gentle" art like Tai-Q or Yoga. It will reduce your stress and improve your physical stamina.
Take a relaxing hot bath with epsom salts and soothing herbs like lavender. It will do wonders for your mind and muscles.
Get a professional massage! Massage therapy is really, really healthy, and its a great way to reward yourself for some of the other accomplishments you are making.
Grow your own sprouts! With a simple, low-cost sprouting machine, you can grow and eat your own sprouts. Eating just one ounce of sprouts a day still had a huge impact on preventing canver and boosting immune function.
Prepare for a spring garden. Although the seasons may be changing, for some of us anyway, you will be making a commitment to start a new garden and reap the benefits in a few months.
Get a mini-trampoline and do some rebounding in your living room. You can even watch tv while you do it!
Make a point to get a full 8 hours sleep at leat 2-3 nights a week. Sleep deprivation causes huge health issues.
Start visiting a local farmers market so you eat more local food.
Got a job you dont like?Quit it, or do something to make it more enjoyable. Stress has a very negative effect on a healthier lifestyle.
Get off of those medications! Make a point to learn how to safely and gradually get yourself off all the medications you can by eliminating underlying imbalances or illnesses. The fewer medications you take the healthier you will be! Make sure to consult your doctor first!
Read more books or newspapers rather that watch so much tv.
Make a decision to think of food as nourishment rather than entertainment. Eat what your body needs, not what your taste buds want.
Talk to others about your lifestyle change! The more you talk to others about healthy habits, the more you will follow them yourself.

Mid Week Challenge 11/10-11/16
By popular demand we're bringing back the mid week challenge. Since I'm posting it kinda of late it's going to be a simple one. This will be in effect starting Thursday (11/10) morning through Wednesday evening (11/16)
Make at least 3/4 of the grains you eat whole grains. This means whole grain breads, muffins & pita, brown or long grain rice instead of white. You could even get a little daring and try Couscous or Quinoa Wink Basically if it's white, bleached or refines you want to replace it or limit the amount.
Be sure to check in through out the week and let us know how you're doing.
Back to top Go down

Challenges
Page 1 of 1