Fit For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fit For Life

This forum is made for ALL Fit For Life Members.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Pack De 1700 Photos De Jeunes Femmes Sexy(amateurs Celebs)!!!
400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated! EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 4:57 pm by martamec

» When.A.Stranger.Calls[2006]DvDrip.AC3[Eng]-aXXo.avi
400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated! EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 8:33 pm by martamec

» Driver Asus A43e For Xp Rapidshare
400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 8:58 pm by 

» Dave Grusin Collection [LOSSLESS] (1964-2010)
400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:36 pm by 

400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:35 pm by 

400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:35 pm by 

» {JUNIOR ALMEIDA A TOA}
400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:19 pm by 

» Resting is important!
400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:55 pm by jezzi05

» Killer Salads!
400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated! EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:09 am by jezzi05

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Fit For Life on your social bookmarking website

400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krysydawn
Admin
Krysydawn

400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated! Empty
PostSubject: 400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated!   400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated! EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 2:28 am

Attitude/Perspective

“Attitude: It is our best friend or our worst enemy.” ~John C. Maxwell
“Your attitude determines your altitude!” ~Denis Waitley
“A strong positive attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.” ~Patricia Neal
“The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.” ~William James
“The world of achievement has always belonged to the optimist.” ~J. Harold Wilkins
“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ~Wayne Dyer
“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~Thomas Jefferson
“You can complain that roses have thorns, or rejoice that thorns have roses.” ~Ziggy
“It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” ~William James
“Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” ~Dennis P. Kimbro
“The last of the human freedoms is to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances.” ~Victor E. Frankl
“Everyone faces defeat. It may be a stepping-stone or a stumbling block, depending on the mental attitude with which it is faced.” ~Napoleon Hill
“Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us.” ~Thomas L. Holdcroft
“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.” ~Maya Angelou
“Progress is impossible without change and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” ~George Bernard Shaw
“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ~Wayne Dyer
“The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.” ~Al Neuharth

Baby Steps

“It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.” ~Old Chinese Proverb
“Every choice you make has an end result.” ~Zig Ziglar
“Little by little does the trick.” ~Aesop
“One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time.” ~John Wanamaker
“The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ~William Faulkner
“If you chase two rabbits, both will escape.” ~Unknown
“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.” ~Robert Louis Stevenson
“Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.” ~Doug Firebaugh
“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.” ~Vincent Van Gogh
“Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.” ~Emilie Coue
“The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.” ~Abraham Lincoln
“The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs…one step at a time.” ~Joe Girard
“To climb steep hills requires slow pace at first.” ~William Shakespeare
“Success is a staircase, not a doorway.” ~Dottie Walters
“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ~Robert J Collier
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.” ~Mike Murdock
“Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.” ~Mark Twain
“Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” ~Chinese Proverb
“It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.” ~John Wooden

Belief

“Whether you think you can or can’t, you’re right.” ~Henry Ford
“First thing every morning before you arise, say out loud, ‘I believe’, three times.” ~Norman Vincent Peale
“Faith is taking the first step, even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” ~Martin Luther King Jr.
“Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.” ~Charles F. Kettering
“I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” ~Anthony Robbins
“Believe while others are doubting.” ~William Arthur Ward
“It’s not who you think you are that holds you back; it’s who you think you’re not.” ~Unknown
“I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than closed by belief.” ~Gerry Spencr
“Stumbling is not falling.” ~Portuguese Proverb
“As long as a man stands in his own way, everything seems to be in his way.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
“If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” ~Unknown
“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” ~Michael Jordan
“A stumble may prevent a fall.” ~English Proverb
“It’s not the mistakes in life that are important; it’s what we learn from them.” ~Donna Guthrie
“The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” ~Albert Einstein
“If doubt is challenging you and you do not act, doubts will grow. Challenge the doubts with action and you will grow. Doubt and action are incompatible.” ~John Kanary
“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen
“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on.” ~Robert Frost
“Failure is not fatal. Only failure to get back up is.” ~John C. Maxwell
“Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” ~Denis Waitley
“You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.” ~Unknown
“Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.” ~African Proverb
“Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.” ~Norman Vincent Peale

Change

“We must be the change we wish to see in the world.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
“You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.” ~Les Brown
“The key to change… is to let go of fear.” ~Rosanne Cash
“When you blame others, you give up your power to change.” ~Dr. Robert Anthony
“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.” ~Maya Angelou
“Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.” ~modified Serenity prayer
“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” ~John Wooden
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.” ~Mike Murdock
“Quite often we change our jobs, friends and spouses instead of changing ourselves.” ~Akbarali H. Jetha
“People only see what they are prepared to see.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
“If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” ~Jack Dixon
“Progress is impossible without change and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” ~George Bernard Shaw
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” ~Albert Einstein
“If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.” ~John Maxwell
“You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself.” ~Jim Rohn
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” ~Leo Tolstoy
“Be bold. Be confident. Be alive. A gallery of possibilities awaits you when you make change your friend.” ~Bob Bone
“Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic.” ~Anonymous
“The easier it is to do, the harder it is to change.” ~Eng’s Principle
“All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you.” ~Wayne Dyer Quotes
“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” ~Dr. Denis Waitley
“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I… I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” ~Robert Frost
“Choice, not chance, determines destiny.” ~E.C. McKenzie
“Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work.” ~H. L. Hunt
“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins
“You will never leave where you are, until you decide where you’d rather be.” ~Dexter Yager
“It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.” ~Roy Disney
“Decide upon your major definite purpose in life and then organize all your activities around it.” ~Brian Tracy
“Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.” ~Napolean Bonaparte

Commitment

“Most people fail, not because of lack of desire, but, because of lack of commitment.” ~Vince Lombardi
“There are only two options regarding commitment; you’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in-between.” ~Pat Riley
“There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.” ~Unknown
“Stay committed to your decisions; but stay flexible in your approach.” ~Tony Robbins
“Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching.” ~Thomas Jefferson
“Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.” ~Stan Smith
“Courage is fear that has said its prayers.” ~Dorothy Bernard
“Courage is a resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.” ~Mark Twain
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’.” ~Mary Anne Radmacher
“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~Christopher Robin
“No amount of security is worth the suffering of a life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.” ~Unknown
“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” ~Ambrose Redmoon
“Courage is simply the willingness to be afraid and act anyway.” ~Dr. Robert Anthony
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ~Nelson Mandela
“Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” ~Raymond Lindquist
“You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.” ~Rosalynn Carter
“The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear.” ~William Jennings Bryan
“Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions.” ~Earl Gray Stevens
“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen
“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
“No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change.” ~Bill Phillips
“Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.” ~Zig Ziglar
“We can do anything we want as long as we stick to it long enough.” ~Helen Keller
“When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” ~Thomas Jefferson
“Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell.” ~Unknown
“The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.” ~Unknown
“We are torn between a craving to know and the despair of having known.” ~Unknown
“Most people want to be delivered from temptation but would like it to keep in touch.” ~Robert Orben

Diets

“I’ve been on a diet for two weeks and all I’ve lost is fourteen days.” ~Totie Fields
“The second day of a diet is always easier than the first. By the second day you’re off it.” ~Jackie Gleason
“At the end of every diet, the path curves back to the trough.” ~Mason Cooley
“I tried every diet in the book. I tried some that weren’t in the book. I tried eating the book. It tasted better than most of the diets.” ~Dolly Parton
“Probably nothing in the world arouses more false hopes than the first four hours of a diet.” ~Dan Bennett
“A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit.” ~Unknown
“The cardiologist’s diet: If it tastes good, spit it out.” ~Unknown
“The biggest seller is cookbooks and the second is diet books – how not to eat what you’ve just learned how to cook.” ~Andy Rooney
“The first thing you lose on a diet is your sense of humor.” ~Unknown
“I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond.” ~Mae West
“I’ve been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I’ve lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet.” ~Erma Bombeck
“If you have formed the habit of checking on every new diet that comes along, you will find that, mercifully, they all blur together, leaving you with only one definite piece of information: french-fried potatoes are out.” ~Jean Kerr
“I’m on a 90-day wonder diet. Thus far, I’ve lost 45 days.” ~Author Unknown
“My advice if you insist on slimming: Eat as much as you like – just don’t swallow it.” ~Harry Secombe
“I have a great diet. You’re allowed to eat anything you want, but you must eat it with naked fat people.” ~Ed Bluestone
“A diet is a plan, generally hopeless, for reducing your weight, which tests your will power but does little for your waistline.” ~Herbert B. Prochnow
“We’re the country that has more food to eat than any other country in the world, and with more diets to keep us from eating it.” ~Unknown

Doubt/Fear

“If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint’, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” ~Vincent Van Gogh
“People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do.” ~Lewis Cass
“Believe while others are doubting.” ~William Arthur Ward
“If doubt is challenging you and you do not act, doubts will grow. Challenge the doubts with action and you will grow. Doubt and action are incompatible.” ~John Kanary
“Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.” ~George Herman “Babe” Ruth
“It’s not who you think you are that holds you back; it’s who you think you’re not.” ~Unknown
“What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?” ~Dr. Robert Schuller
“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.” ~Sven Goran Eriksson
“Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” ~Earl Nightingale
“Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.” ~Ralph Marston
“Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic.” ~Anonymous
“Act as if it were impossible to fail.” ~Dorothea Brande
“Courage is fear that has said its prayers.” ~Dorothy Bernard
“Courage is a resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.” ~Mark Twain
“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” ~Ambrose Redmoon
“Courage is simply the willingness to be afraid and act anyway.” ~Dr. Robert Anthony
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ~Nelson Mandela
“The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear.” ~William Jennings Bryan
“Fears over tomorrow and regrets over yesterday are twin thieves that rob us of the moment.” ~Anonymous
“It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.” ~James Thurber
“Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” ~Chinese Proverb
“Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once to get over the fear of doing it. Twice to learn how to do it. And a third time to figure out whether you like it or not.” ~Joyce Meyer

Exercise/Activity

“Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” ~Edward Stanley
“Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person’s physical, emotional, and mental states.” ~Carol Welch
“If it weren’t for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn’t get any exercise at all.” ~Joey Adams
“Too many people confine their exercise to jumping to conclusions, running up bills, stretching the truth, bending over backwards, lying down on the job, sidestepping responsibility and pushing their luck.” ~Anonymous
“Fitness – If it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.” ~Cher
“Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far.” ~Thomas Jefferson
“Walking: the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise.” ~Carrie Latet

Failure

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~Thomas Edison
“To succeed you must first improve, to improve you must first practice, to practice you must first learn, to learn you must first fail.” ~Wesley Woo
“The next best thing to winning is losing! At least you’ve been in the race.” ~Nellie Hershey Tullis
“Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.” ~Thomas Edison
“Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ~Oliver Goldsmith
“I don’t know the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” ~Bill Cosby
“Everyone faces defeat. It may be a stepping-stone or a stumbling block, depending on the mental attitude with which it is faced.” ~Napoleon Hill
“Success is never certain. Failure is never final.” ~Robert Schuller
“If at first you don’t succeed, you are running about average.” ~M.H. Alderson
“Fall seven times, stand up eight.” ~Japanese Proverb
“There is no failure. Only feedback.” ~Unknown
“Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” ~George Washington
“The harder you fall, the higher you bounce.” ~Anonymous
“The only real failure in life is one not learned from.” ~Anthony J. D’Angelo
“Stumbling is not falling.” ~Portuguese Proverb
“I would rather attempt something great and fail than attempt to do nothing and succeed.” ~Robert Schuller
“Failure is not fatal. Only failure to get back up is.” ~John C. Maxwell
“Failures are like skinned knees, painful but superficial.” ~H. Ross Perot
“When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.” ~Napoleon Hill
“In order to succeed, you must first be willing to fail.” ~Anonymous
“Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” ~Robert C. Gallagher
“Failure is an event, never a person; an attitude, not an outcome.” ~Zig Ziglar
“In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time.” ~Anthony D’Angelo
“What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?” ~Dr. Robert Schuller
“Most people fail, not because of lack of desire, but, because of lack of commitment.” ~Vince Lombardi
“You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures.” ~Charles C. Noble
“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” ~Margaret Thatcher
“If you chase two rabbits, both will escape.” ~Unknown
“It’s not the load that breaks you down; it’s the way you carry it.” ~Lena Horne

Goals

“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” ~Larry Elder
“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~Thomas Jefferson
“If you want to accomplish anything in life, you can’t just sit back and hope it will happen. You’ve got to make it happen.” ~Chuck Norris
“You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures.” ~Charles C. Noble
“If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals, then it’s moving you away from your goals.” ~Brian Tracy
“People with clear, written goals, accomplish far more in a shorter period of time than people without them could ever imagine.” ~Brian Tracy
“You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.” ~Les Brown
“This one step – choosing a goal and sticking to it – changes everything.” ~Scott Reed
“Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.” ~Ralph Marston

Habits

“Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.” ~Mark Twain
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” ~Jim Rohn
“A habit is something you can do without thinking – which is why most of us have so many of them.” ~Frank A. Clark
“The unfortunate thing about this world is that good habits are so much easier to give up than bad ones.” ~Somerset Maugham
“The easier it is to do, the harder it is to change.” ~Eng’s Principle
“The chains of habit are generally too small to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.” ~Samuel Johnson
“Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of.” ~Unknown
“Bad habits are like chains that are too light to feel until they are too heavy to carry.” ~Warren Buffet
“First we form habits; then they form us. Conquer your bad habits or they will conquer you.” ~Robert Gilbert
“Habit is second nature, or rather, ten times nature.” ~William James
“The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don’t like to do. They don’t like doing them either necessarily. But their disliking is subordinated to the strength of their purpose.” ~E. M. Gray
“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ~Robert J Collier
“Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Work, continuous work and hard work, is the only way to accomplish results that last.” ~Hamilton Holt
“You can’t cross a sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” ~Rabindranath Tagore
“The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.” ~Napoleon Hill
“Nothing will work unless you do.” ~Maya Angelou
“You have to put in many, many, many tiny efforts that nobody sees or appreciates before you achieve anything worthwhile.” ~Brian Tracy
“The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” ~Vidal Sassoon
“The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen.” ~Sarah Brown
“After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.” ~Nelson Mandela
“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” ~Dale Carnegie
“All great achievements require time.” ~Maya Angelou
“I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.” ~Frank Lloyd Wright
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” ~Colin Powell
“Success is dependent upon the glands – sweat glands.” ~Zig Ziglar

Happiness

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” ~Fredrick Koeing
“To be happy, drop the words ‘if only’ and substitute instead the words ‘next time’.” ~Smiley Blanton
“Searching for that big happy moment in life, how many special little moments will we let pass us by?” ~Anonymous

Health

“Our health always seems much more valuable after we lose it.” ~Unknown
“A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time – pills or stairs.” ~Joan Welsh
“Living a healthy lifestyle will only deprive you of poor health, lethargy, and fat.” ~Jill Johnson
“Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” ~World Health Organization

Humorous

“Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” ~Doug Larson
“Everyone has problems; some are just better at hiding them.” ~Unknown
“The leading cause of death among fashion models is falling through street grates.” ~Dave Barry
“Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” ~Robert C. Gallagher
“Worry is as useless as a handle on a snowball.” ~Mitzi Chandler
“If it weren’t for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn’t get any exercise at all.” ~Joey Adams
“Too many people confine their exercise to jumping to conclusions, running up bills, stretching the truth, bending over backwards, lying down on the job, sidestepping responsibility and pushing their luck.” ~Anonymous
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” ~Zig Ziglar
“If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.” ~Unknown
“Bigger snacks mean bigger slacks.” ~Unknown
“Can it be a mistake that ‘STRESSED’ is ‘DESSERTS’ spelled backwards?” ~Unknown
“A moment on the lips, forever on the hips.” ~Unknown
“What you eat in private will show up in public.” ~Unknown
“Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork.” ~English Proverb
“Don’t eat anything your great-great grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.” ~Michael Pollan
“I’ve been on a diet for two weeks and all I’ve lost is fourteen days.” ~Totie Fields
“The second day of a diet is always easier than the first. By the second day you’re off it.” ~Jackie Gleason
“At the end of every diet, the path curves back to the trough.” ~Mason Cooley
“I tried every diet in the book. I tried some that weren’t in the book. I tried eating the book. It tasted better than most of the diets.” ~Dolly Parton
“Probably nothing in the world arouses more false hopes than the first four hours of a diet.” ~Dan Bennett
“The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.” ~Unknown
“We are torn between a craving to know and the despair of having known.” ~Unknown
“Most people want to be delivered from temptation but would like it to keep in touch.” ~Robert Orben
“If you believe everything you read, you better not read.” ~Unknown
“It’s rough to go through life with your contents looking as if they settled during shipping.” ~Milton Berle
“The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends.” ~Anonymous
“I am realistic – I expect miracles.” ~Wayne Dyer
“Time is a circus, always packing up and moving away.” ~Ben Hecht
“I don’t jog. If I die I want to be sick.” ~Abe Lemons
“My doctor recently told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel ten years older already.” ~Milton Berle
“A pedestrian is someone who thought there were a couple of gallons left in the tank.” ~Unknown
“A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk.” ~O.A. Battista
“The Americans never walk. In winter too cold and in summer too hot.” ~J.B. Yeats
“I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I’m doing.” ~Marsha Doble
“If your dog is fat, you’re not getting enough exercise.” ~Unknown
“Another good reducing exercise consists in placing both hands against the table edge and pushing back.” ~Robert Quillen
“Whenever I feel like exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes.” ~Robert M. Hutchins
“I consider exercise vulgar. It makes people smell.” ~Alec Yuill Thornton
“I am pushing sixty. That is enough exercise for me.” ~Mark Twain
“Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate.” ~Unknown
“When I buy cookies I eat just four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won’t dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful, though, because that Raid really doesn’t taste that bad.” ~Janette Barber
“Aerobics: a series of strenuous exercises which help convert fats, sugars, and starches into aches, pains, and cramps.” ~Unknown
“I bought a talking refrigerator that said “Oink” every time I opened the door. It made me hungry for pork chops.” ~Marie Mott
“Obesity is really widespread.” ~Joseph O. Kern II
“If I can’t have too many truffles I’ll do without.” ~Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
“The only way to lose weight is to check it as airline baggage.” ~Peggy Ryan
“Fat is not a moral problem. It’s an oral problem.” ~Jane Thomas Noland
“A waist is a terrible thing to mind.” ~Tom Wilson
“I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food.” ~Erma Bombeck
“Flabbergasted, adj. Appalled over how much weight you have gained. ~Unknown
“I’m in shape. Round is a shape… isn’t it?” ~Unknown
“A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.” ~Unknown
“I’m not overweight. I’m just nine inches too short.” ~Shelley Winters
“Forget love… I’d rather fall in chocolate!” ~Unknown
“I’ve been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I’ve lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet.” ~Erma Bombeck
“My advice if you insist on slimming: Eat as much as you like – just don’t swallow it.” ~Harry Secombe
“I have a great diet. You’re allowed to eat anything you want, but you must eat it with naked fat people.” ~Ed Bluestone
“If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.” ~Unknown
“Bigger snacks mean bigger slacks.” ~Unknown
“If food is your best friend, it’s also your worst enemy.” ~Edward “Grandpa” Jones
“Can it be a mistake that ‘STRESSED’ is ‘DESSERTS’ spelled backwards?” ~Unknown
“A moment on the lips, forever on the hips.” ~Unknown
“What you eat in private will show up in public.” ~Unknown
“Processed foods not only extend the shelf life, but they extend the waistline as well.” ~Karen Sessions
“Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin feels.” ~Unknown
“Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork.” ~English Proverb
“Don’t eat anything your great-great grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.” ~Michael Pollan
“A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools.” ~Spanish Proverb
“Our food should be our medicine and our medicine should be our food.” ~Hippocrates

Inspiration

“No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change.” ~Bill Phillips
“Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.” ~Zig Ziglar
“We can do anything we want as long as we stick to it long enough.” ~Helen Keller
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
“Look within!… The secret is inside you.” ~Hui-neng
“Use your imagination not to scare yourself to death, but to inspire yourself to life.” ~Adele Brookman
“Within you right now is the power to do things you never dreamed possible. This power becomes available to you just as soon as you can change your beliefs.” ~Dr. Maxwell Maltz
“Where you start is not as important as where you finish.” ~Zig Ziglar
“Act as if everything you do makes a difference. It does.” ~William James

Judgment

“When we stop judging ourselves, we stop judging other people. When we start loving ourselves, we start loving other people.” ~Unknown
“Observe everything. Judge nothing.” ~David Colella
“Minds are like parachutes. They only function properly when open.” ~Unknown
“I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than closed by belief.” ~Gerry Spence
“Don’t let what others think decide who you are.” ~Dennis Rodman
“People are very open-minded about new things – as long as they’re exactly like the old ones.” ~Charles Kettering

Miscellaneous

“When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail.” ~Abraham Maslow
“What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.” ~Plutarch
“If you’re coasting, you’re either losing momentum or else you’re headed downhill.” ~Joan Welsh
“I hated every minute of the training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” ~Muhammad Ali
“How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.” ~Stephen Covey
“You have to have the bad days to appreciate the good ones.” ~Unknown
“The best way to predict the future is to invent it.” ~Alan Kay
“I am not discouraged because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.” ~Alva Edison
“It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” ~Lena Horne
“The longest journey of any person is the journey inward.” ~Dag Hammerskjvld
“Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action.” ~James Levin
“Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” ~Malcolm S. Forbes
“Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got.” ~Janis Joplin
“You are the only problem you will ever have and you are the only solution.” ~Bob Proctor

Motivation

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” ~Zig Ziglar
“Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.” ~Stephen R. Covey
“Motivation is like food for the brain. You cannot get enough in one sitting. It needs continual and regular top up’s.” ~Peter Davies
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” ~Jim Rohn
“In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.” ~Unknown

Past (Let go of)

“The past is history. The future, a mystery. The here and now is a gift. That is why it’s called the present.” ~Unknown
“Let go of what’s gone.” ~Jules
“None of us can change our yesterdays but all of us can change our tomorrows.” ~Colin Powell
“Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.” ~Henry David Thoreau
“Never limit your view of life by any past experience.” ~Ernest Holmes
“The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.” ~Leslie Poles Hartley
“The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” ~Thomas S. Monson
“It’s never too late – in fiction or in life – to revise.” ~Nancy Thayer
“Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” ~Denis Waitley
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on.” ~Robert Frost
“It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” ~Vince Lombardi
“Twenty years from now, you’ll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do, than the ones you did.” ~Mark Twain
“The future is always beginning now.” ~Mark Strand
“Fears over tomorrow and regrets over yesterday are twin thieves that rob us of the moment.” ~Anonymous
“You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.” ~Jan Glidewell
“You can’t have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time.” ~Charles Kettering

Perfectionism

“Perfectionism doesn’t make you feel perfect. It makes you feel inadequate.” ~Maria Shriver
“You don’t have to be perfect in order to be successful.” ~Anonymous
“Strive for excellence, not perfection, because we don’t live in a perfect world.” ~Joyce Meyer

Planning

“Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.” ~Napolean Bonaparte
“Plans are nothing; planning is everything.” ~Dwight D. Eisenhower
“A good plan is like a road map: it shows the final destination and usually the best way to get there.” ~H. Stanley Judd
“It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
“When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.” ~Napoleon Hill
“Proper preparation prevents poor performance.” ~Charlie Batch
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” ~Larry Elder
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” ~Colin Powell
“Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now” ~Alan Lakein
“Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning” ~Winston Churchill

Present (“Now”)

“Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.” ~Spanish Proverb
“Now is the operative word. Everything you put in your way is just a method of putting off the hour when you could actually be doing your dream. You don’t need endless time and perfect conditions. Do it now. Do it today. Do it for twenty minutes and watch your heart start beating.” ~Barbara Sher
“The future is always beginning now.” ~Mark Strand
“It’s never too late – in fiction or in life – to revise.” ~Nancy Thayer
“The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” ~Thomas S. Monson

Procrastination

“Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the ‘someday I’ll’ philosophy.” ~Denis Waitley
“Someday is not a day of the week.” ~Unknown
“Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.” ~Spanish Proverb
“Procrastination is the thief of time.” ~Edward Young
“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” ~Zig Ziglar
“Now is the operative word. Everything you put in your way is just a method of putting off the hour when you could actually be doing your dream. You don’t need endless time and perfect conditions. Do it now. Do it today. Do it for twenty minutes and watch your heart start beating.” ~Barbara Sher
“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” ~Walt Disney
“It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Security

“Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” ~Brian Tracy
“The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.” ~M. Scott Peck
“No amount of security is worth the suffering of a life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.” ~Unknown
“We must be the change we wish to see in the world.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
“When you blame others, you give up your power to change.” ~Dr. Robert Anthony
“Quite often we change our jobs, friends and spouses instead of changing ourselves.” ~Akbarali H. Jetha
“You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself.” ~Jim Rohn
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” ~Leo Tolstoy
“It is not only what we do, but what we do not do, that we are held responsible.” ~Moliere
“The greatest lie you can make is to lie to yourself.” ~Matt Zotti
“If I am not good to myself, how can I expect anyone else to be?” ~Maya Angelou
“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” ~Dr. Denis Waitley
“If I’d known I was going to live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.” ~Eubie Blake
“Learn to relax. Your body is precious, as it houses your mind and spirit. Inner peace begins with a relaxed body.” ~Norman Vincent Peale
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” ~Jim Rohn
“All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you.” ~Wayne Dyer Quotes
“Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.” ~Buddha
“It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.” ~Josiah Charles Stamp
“If it’s never our fault, we can’t take responsibility for it. If we can’t take responsibility for it, we’ll always be its victim.” ~Richard Bach
“The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.” ~Albert Ellis
“Take your life in your own hands, and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame.” ~Erica Jong

Strength

“The strongest oak tree of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It’s the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for its existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun.” ~Napolean Hill
“Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.” ~Norman Vincent Peale
“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~Christopher Robin

Success

“The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don’t like to do. They don’t like doing them either necessarily. But their disliking is subordinated to the strength of their purpose.” ~E. M. Gray
“To succeed you must first improve, to improve you must first practice, to practice you must first learn, to learn you must first fail.” ~Wesley Woo
“Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.” ~Oliver Goldsmith
“I don’t know the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” ~Bill Cosby
“Success is never certain. Failure is never final.” ~Robert Schuller
“If at first you don’t succeed, you are running about average.” ~M.H. Alderson
“The most important key to achieving great success is to decide upon your goal and launch, get started, take action, move.” ~John Wooden
“It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” ~William James
“I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.” ~Frank Lloyd Wright
“Success is dependent upon the glands – sweat glands.” ~Zig Ziglar
“When you get right down to the root of the meaning of the word succeed, you find that it simply means to follow through.” ~F. W. Nichol
“Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.” ~George S. Patton
“I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” ~Anthony Robbins
“In order to succeed, you must first be willing to fail.” ~Anonymous
“Remember, you only have to succeed the last time.” ~Brian Tracy
“Success is a staircase, not a doorway.” ~Dottie Walters
“In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time.” ~Anthony D’Angelo
“You don’t have to be perfect in order to be successful.” ~Anonymous
“The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” ~Vidal Sassoon
“The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen.” ~Sarah Brown
“It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” ~Sir Edmund Hillary
“The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” ~Stephen R. Covey
“There is nothing noble in being superior to someone else. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.” ~Hindu proverb

Support

“Don’t wait for someone to take you under their wing. Find a good wing and climb up underneath it.” ~Frank C. Bucaro
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that. The really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great.” ~Mark Twain
“You can’t do it all yourself. Don’t be afraid to rely on others to help you accomplish your goals.” ~Oprah Winfrey
“There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” ~George Shinn

Thoughts

“Our greatest battles are that with our own minds.” ~Jameson Frank
“Change your thoughts and you change your world.” ~Norman Vincent Peale
“What consumes your mind controls your life.” ~Creed
“While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.” ~Ben Franklin
“It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” ~Sir Edmund Hillary
“Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.” ~Brian Tracy

Willpower

“It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.” ~James Gordon
“Willpower can produce short-term change, but it creates constant internal stress because you haven’t dealt with the root cause.” ~Rick Warren
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” ~Johann von Goethe

Worry

“To worry is like rocking in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but gets you nowhere.” ~Unknown
“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.” ~Unknown
“Has worrying about tomorrow every changed it?” ~Max Lucado
“Stop worrying about missed opportunities and start looking for new ones.” ~Pei
“You wouldn’t worry so much about what people really thought of you if you knew just how seldom they actually do.” ~Unknown
“Worry is as useless as a handle on a snowball.” ~Mitzi Chandler
“Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning” ~Winston Churchill
“My life has been filled with terrible misfortune; most of which never happened.” ~Montaigne
Back to top Go down
https://fitforlife.forumotion.com

400 Helpful weightloss quotes to keep you Motivated!
Page 1 of 1